Friday, October 30, 2015

Reason #5

Tim Horton's

Eh?!

Tim Horton's might just be the place where all of my spare change goes.  It doesn't really count as money then right? 

Reynolds school made the tragically beautiful mistake of placing a Tim Horton's literally rolling distance from our classroom doors.  It gives us the constant urge "should I go to Timmies" because it is always constantly available. We haven't yet developed the immunity to say no to our Timmies temptations.   Some days, I don't even bring a lunch because I know at some point I will be in that ever familiar Timmies line up with my usual order of a 'large coffee with two milks and a pumpkin spice muffin.. and a doughnut'.

There it is. Muffin epices d'autome. In English its the pumpkin spice muffin. My favorite.

Tim Hortons is also open 24/7. I don't know how many times it has fostered my group of friends, long after everything else had closed. Tim Hortons realizes that food has no time frame. My infamous midnight snack is a fruit n' yogurt parfait containing 13 grams of protein! (the amount of times I have seen that yogurt cup is frightening).  You can't do that at Starbucks, Tim Hortons biggest competitor because they close at 10 and their food looks like shriveled up airplane food.  

Theres also nothing quite as Canadian as sipping your double-double in a hockey themed to-go cup. Unlike Americans who relish in their patriotism as often as they can, we as Canadians have less opportunities to do so.  Tim Hortons is therefore used as a brand uniting us coast to coast. 

I've never not been happy walking into Tim Hortons. It's always warm.  It's always full of kind faced old people drinking out of mugs and teenagers sipping ice caps.  Its the place to go when you don't know where to go, when you need a little snack or a chance to say pleases and thank you's eighteen times like the true Canadian you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment