Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Reason #10:  Skiing

I absolutely love to ski. And I've only been twice, but it doesn't change anything.  My entire childhood, I'd watch as my friends left for a weekend up to mount Washington and just was seething in jealousy. Sure, my mom having replaced hips was a fair enough reason for me never to go, but still I silently wished every winter for my chance. 

So, last year I went up to Whistler with a big group of my cousins. We stayed in a little town house which fit the 9 of us perfectly.  I finally got to ski. My entire first day was spent on the bunny hill, riding the "magic carpet" up to the top each and every time.  I never fell, not because I didn't try, but because I actually didn't suck as much as every body else.

We were there for another day, where I finally went up to the green and blue runs. Oh my god, that was way more fun.  Besides loosing my deaf cousin once, the day went off without a glitch ending with a delicious cup of coffee and whipped cream.  It makes me wonder a little though, if I had started skiing at age 5, maybe I'd be an Olympian.

No comments:

Post a Comment