Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Reason #11- Pugs

I freaking LOVE pugs. Oh my god. I love them. I have never really been much of a dog person honestly. But pugs are my drugs.  I always found dogs to smell bad, and bark at all the wrong times and bathing and walking them always seemed more like a chore to me. The one exception is when there is a pug involved.

When I was 9 years old my neighbors from somewhere in the states were going back to somewhere in the states for a couple weeks, and left a note in our mailbox asking me to watch their pug "Baconater" for that time. They also attached a key. 

My parents were slightly horrified that people we barely knew asked a child to watch their dog and gave her a key but I did it anyways (and to my annoyance my parents came with me).  I must have spent two hours a day walking and playing with little Baconater completely in love the entire time. The neighbors moved away the year after that and I never saw him again.  To this day, though, all I want is a pug of my own. With their stubby little body's and old men faces.  I don't think I would name him Baconater however and trust him in the care of a nine year old I only met at block parties, because I would take him with me everywhere I'd go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment